This is our Breville Bambino Plus review.
We consider the Breville Bambino Plus one of the best espresso machines for under 500$, and for a good reason.
Or we can say, MANY!
The Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine is fast, compact, user-friendly, and punches above its weight in terms of performance. But it isn’t meant for everybody.
Keep reading to find more information about the key features, specifications, performance, and pros & cons of the Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine.
After learning all the details about this coffee machine, you will quickly decide whether it can be a good option for you or not.
So, without any further ado, let’s get started with our Bambino Plus review.
Table of Contents
At a glance: Breville Bambino Plus Espresso Machine Review
Breville is a trusted name for well-designed and high-performing kitchen appliances. The Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine is no exception. It allows you to make good espresso at home without hassle. Moreover, it’s relatively faster than most espresso machines for home use.
The Breville Bambino Plus allows you to make professionally styled coffee at home. For this purpose, Breville offers what they call their four keys formula that encompasses the following features:
- Right dose of freshly ground beans between 18 to 22 grams.
- Precise temperature control at 93 °C (200 °F)
- Optimal water pressure over 9 bars
- True microfoam milk
According to most users, the Bambino Plus is a reliable and efficient coffee machine. It brews consistently and quickly. One espresso takes nearly 21 seconds, while a double shot is made in 25 seconds approx.
If you like to steam the milk manually, it could take about 40 seconds. However, the most noteworthy feature of this coffee machine is its ability to heat up quickly. Hence, you won’t have to spend more time making a couple of coffee.
Specifications: Quick Sheet
- Capacity: 64 Fluid Ounces
- Coffee Maker Type: Espresso Machine
- Product Dimensions: 7.6″D x 12.5″W x 12.2″H
- Item Weight: 10.91 Pounds
- Interface: Simple button control
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Operation Mode: Fully Automatic
- Portafilter: 54mm
- Wattage: 1560 watts
- Item Weight: 10.91 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 7.6 x 12.2 inches
Now let’s check out the most prominent features of this coffee machine.
Faster Heat-Up Time: With its’ThermoJet’ heating mechanism, Bambino Plus can achieve its maximum extraction temperature within 3 seconds. The milk frothing is also super-easy. You just need to select the milk temperature and texture among three different options.
Metal Steam Wand: Most residential coffee machines have plastic steam wands. However, this is different from the Breville Bambino Plus, as it has a metal steam arm to enhance the durability of the steam wand.
Dose Control Feature: With this feature, you don’t need to worry about the right amount of coffee. It allows you to make a balanced and consistent espresso with this machine every time you make a cup of coffee. The 54mm portafilter fills with 18 grams of coffee. This guarantees a cafe-quality coffee with a bursting flavor.
Precise Espresso Extraction: The built-in temperature control system heats the water precisely to ensure the right temperature for perfect espresso extraction.
Auto Purge: The Bambino Plus coffee machine has an auto purge mechanism, which automatically purges the heating system once the steaming is done. This suggests that you can extract your espresso at the perfect temperature.
Low-Pressure Pre-Infusion: This feature works by slowly increasing the pressure, which helps to draw the flavor evenly. It allows the coffee to bloom before extraction, ensuring it’s well-balanced and full of flavors.
Automatic Micro-Foam Milk Texturing: You can enjoy desired texture and temperature of the milk with this machine’s automatic steam wand. Hence, it can deliver barista-quality microfoam for enhanced flavor and visual appeal.
- Compact design: Bambino Plus’s compact size is a significant benefit. With only 7.7 inches in width, it’s a solid option for home baristas with limited counter space. Not only that, it can easily fit within various kitchen cabinets.
- Stainless steel case: The stainless steel construction gives bambino plus the required sturdiness. Besides, the brushed finish offers this espresso machine a nice and sleek appearance.
- Huge water tank: Bambino plus has a large water tank, allowing you to make more coffee cups without refilling the water tank.
- Customizable shot volume: It’s another key feature of Bambino Plus. The programmable shot volume makes it possible to customize the coffee to your desired taste. You can choose between 1-2 shots.
- Comes with milk frother: The built-in milk frother allows you to prepare cappuccinos and lattes without much fuss.
- Hassle-free cleaning: Its simple and user-friendly design makes it easy to clean Bambino Plus. It comes with a drip tray, a removable water tank, and an integrated cleaning tool.
- Simple interface: The Bambino Plus is easy to use and has a user-friendly interface that makes it suitable for both experienced baristas and beginners. The control panel has a few buttons, making it an intuitive interface.
- Complete set of accessories: Although not of the highest quality, this espresso machine has all the accessories needed to make a perfect cup of your favorite coffee. The accessories you get with this machine include a 54-millimeter portafilter, Two filter baskets (single-wall), A tamper, Two filter baskets (dual-wall), A milk jug (stainless steel), Cleaning tablets, and A leveler.
- Many colors to choose from: Since Breville Plus is available in various colors, you can select a color to compliment your kitchen’s interior and match other appliances whenever possible.
- 2-year limited warranty: The Breville Bambino Plus offers a 2-year limited warranty, and it’s among the Breville espresso machines that get praise for its durability.
- Less Powerful Milk Frother: A few users have reported that the Bambino Plus could be more potent regarding milk frothing. Hence, it might take longer than expected to get the desired consistency of steamed milk.
- Entry-level accessories and portafilter: it isn’t surprising to find medium-quality accessories for this price. Yet, it’s worth noting that if you want to upgrade your game, you’ll quickly replace the default portafilter and tamper.
- Limited features to adjust extraction variables: many espresso machines in our list have panels to read pressure and temperature levels. The Breville Bambino Plus has none of this but two buttons to adjust milk frothing variables. For extraction, it only offers adjustable settings to make single and double espresso.
Conclusions: Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine review
The Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine is an excellent option if you want a high-performing, compact, and easy-to-use one. Its built-in milk frother, programmable shot volume, and pre-infusion function will allow you to make various coffee drinks with ease and precision. In addition, its user-friendly interface and easy-to-clean design make it an excellent choice for both experienced baristas and beginners.
Although the Breville Bambino Plus espresso machine can seem pricey, the overall performance of this machine justifies its price tag. The device is capable of offering high-quality coffee and is easy to use.
Featured image adapted from Breville’s original product picture.